Wednesday, October 7, 2009

learning to play together

 

I don't know what's going on exactly in this picture, I just found Ollie with wet wipes spread over his bottom and a bowl on top. The dynamics in this house are interesting right now. Carson and Tana are playing a lot more together right now, but excluding Hallie, so that causes some turmoil. She really wants to be a part of what they are doing and feels left out often. It's understandable to me, as an oldest, the need to keep the little siblings out of things we work hard on, such as legos. But Hallie is starting to be able to understand and participate more in the types of things they are playing. Once in awhile Montana will get playing with Hallie and, I think, is plesantly surprised at how capable and fun she is to play with. In those moments I see glimpses of the closeness of sisterhood forming and I even fear the future of them becoming a united front against us! On the other hand, I have Hallie here with Ollie for a few more years, so I hope she and he will play together well. That's why I think it's funny when I come upon a scene such as this.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: