Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fishing!

After living here for most of the last 19 years, I finally fished for reds from the banks of the Kenai River for the first time! I've always been intimidated to go down and try it. I didn't have anyone to teach me and I didn't want to look stupid. But it's so easy and fun! Of course, being the photographer, there is no proof that I fished, but I did! The girls each got to try it as well. Then I took them to hang with grandma so I could focus and not worry about anyone falling in. Matt and Carson ended up fishing long after I left to get the others to bed and came home at 11:30 pm with 4 fish! Then they got up at 4:15 am the next morning to try for kings with Grandpa from his boat. Not many kings coming out of the river this year. Carson was so excited to fish with grandpa, though, and it was so special for him to take them out on a day off. Tonight, Carson was asked which kind of fishing he liked better and his response was, "Reds, because you actually catch fish!" :)




Posted by Picasa

No comments: