Thursday, October 16, 2008

Catching up.

Well, I have been avoiding the computer these days because it eats up so much of my time and I really want to be a good family manager! Going the the MOPS convention in Dallas for four days in early October was really great. Not only was it a refreshing break from my daily "mommy" life, but I was spiritually nourished, was able to connect with other mom leaders, and came home with a renewed sense of appreciation for my role in this family and outside the walls of our home. MOPS is not just a ministry, it is a movement!

I hope to be adding some pictures to the blog soon, but for now I wanted to share a conversation I had with Carson the other day before I forget.

Mom: This house sure isn't much fun to be in anymore because there is so much whining and crying going on.

Carson: Yeah, Tana cries all the time.

Mom: No, I would say you do more crying and whining than anyone when you are home. Why is it that you don't have this behavior at school? Why do you save it all for us at home?

Carson: Because, it's embarrassing! I don't want to be embarrassed!

Mom: So why isn't it embarrassing to act that way at home?

Carson: Because you're used to me!

No comments: