Wednesday, April 21, 2010

we found land!



After two months of looking for land that Matt and I could both agree upon as the perfect place to build our next home, we finally found it! I really thought I was set on staying near K-Beach and keeping the kids in that school. I was so determined to have another short drive to the church, which is where I spend a lot of my days. But land prices in the area were through the roof and we just couldn't find anything more than an acre that we could afford. We both agreed that we wanted more land. Some space for the kids to explore and plant a garden. To have pets if we choose and not worry about leaving toys on the lawn, etc. Once we moved to Kasilof with Matt's parents, I realized I could expand my range a bit, so long as I don't have to live as far out as them!

When Matt showed me this land he was scared of what my reaction would be. (Apparently I had shot him down quite a few times!) But, I was smitten. I fell in love with the rock and the hill immediately! 4.5 acres, north of town, off of Deville Rd. We have 4.5 ACRES! And, it's only a 6 minute drive to Fred Meyers and like 13 minutes to the church. Eventually, I had to think about what is best for our family in the long run and not my driving preferences right now. I hope we will be living here for a very long time! And I am very excited about putting our kids in Sterling Elementary next year! I love small schools! I went in yesterday and was welcomed by three people! I always feel out of place and uncomfortable at K-Beach. I have loved the kids' teachers this year, but I am not sad about leaving their school at the end of the year.

Oh, I would also like to mention that we have a view of mountains in two directions!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: