Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What is up with me?

I must have crossed some great divide or something, because I have felt really on top of things this summer! (Other than the fact that my kids aren't in any organized anything, i.e. swim lessons, soccer, etc. Well, no one is suffering -- we'll get started with all that this year. Family is important!). I feel capable of accomplishing things, my home has stayed fairly decent, certainly up to my standards most of the time, and I feel comfortable offering it for activities and events. I find myself contemplating how much has changed and how differently I feel -- more confident, capable of taking on more. Crossing from college to motherhood without a "career" anywhere in there always made me feel like less of an adult. Having many young children is a lot of work without the benefit of co-workers (aka other adults) to share life with. That is why I am so passionate about MOPS. When I had Hallie, it was a very hard transition. Going from one to two was good and three to four not so bad either, but two to three was my rough spot. It was a dark place in my life, lonely, isolated. My pregnancy with Oliver was rough, but I was already out of the dark and knew the end of the pregnancy would eventually come. The first six weeks with him at home was physically and emotionally exhausting, but we made it to the end of the school year. And this summer, I just have to say that I feel on top of the world! I am happy to be in this place.

Where are all the other bloggers out there? I have been posting so much and I don't see any new posts on anyone elses! I know it's summer and busy and people should be outside, but believe me, we are! Maybe I'm just not tending to my home as much as I should.... :)

Here, check out some of Hallie's moves I captured. If your wondering about the music, its the Go Fish Guys and they are great! "Great music for kids that won't drive parents bonkers." Check them out at www.gofishguys.com

3 comments:

Contessa said...

I've been so neglectful! It's always great to stop by here and see your new posts! I must say I think your many posts have become more frequent and joyful since this new laptop love has entered your life!

Amber said...

yes, he's definitely made a difference!

Dana Broderick said...

I love all your posts! I'm glad you are on top of things! This summer has been too hectic for us! I'm ready for a sloooooooooooow summer next year! I want to post more but time is escaping me! I love reading yours though!