Thursday, January 6, 2011

Just had to share.

I realize that I probably struck a nerve with many homeschoolers with my last post. I would like to clear up that I don't think homeschooling is the wrong choice for everyone and I do my best not to judge people based on their decision to do so. But I often feel judged for sending my children to public school...and a regular old public school at that, not even attempting to get them into charter school lotteries. So, I wanted to share why I do it. Our decision was not made without seeking the Lord's guidance. And I can't say there won't come a time in the future when we feel led otherwise.

That being said, I just had to share this email I got from Carson's teacher today!


I was reading your post the other day about salt and light and why Christians need to send your child to public school. I wanted to share about your little evangelist. Here’s what happened on Monday:
Carson: “Hey ?, guess what I did yesterday?”
student: “What?”
Carson: “I was baptized”
student: “What is baptized?”
Carson: “What is baptized?! Baptized is only the coolest thing ever!!!” and then he goes on to explain and then asked the class who in here has been baptized? Some responded and others questioned what he was talking about. He explained and some continued on with where they went to church, etc.
I just wanted to share with you that Carson is becoming the salt and light for God’s glory. He has not only displayed that in this situation, but when we had Bethlehem revisited by passing out cards and inviting each teacher. God is good and it has been a pleasure to watch him growJ
Have a great day!


And this would be the appropriate place to put a picture of Carson getting baptized...except my mom still has my camera!


1 comment:

Shawna Lee said...

I have tears in my eyes reading this one. I have my children in plain old public school for this same reason. They both have wonderful Christian teachers this year (again) who appreciate the values that they share with the class!