Saturday, June 7, 2008

Settlers of Catan

If you like games, especially those of strategery, you really must try Settlers of Catan. The Peless' introduced us to this game while in Tyonek, and I have to admit, it took me a couple of times to get the hang of it. I felt so stupid the first time I tried to play, that I was angry and vowed to never play again. I really enjoy playing games, although I am not super competitve (unlike some people we know, Matt and Luke). In Tyonek, we had game night every Friday, or was it Saturday? Either way, once a week. We played a few other games here and there, but generally we always played Settlers of Catan. Some people take it a little too seriously at times (Luke) and some people are just mean to those people (Matt). I am proud to say that I had a good streak of winning Settlers of Catan like 3 or 4 times in a row, but that was only playing with 2 couples, I don't recall ever winning with all 6 of us.
Let's just say, on this night, it's a good thing Luke went home as the Lord of Catan!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: