Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Tyonek Reunion!


We spent two teaching years of our married life in Tyonek, Alaska. If you know anything about that place, you understand what I mean. In our second year, Matt was able to hire two fresh, young couples to join us. Being in that situation together has created a lasting bond and friendship between us. When Matt transferred out, so did they! Lucas and Kristen Peless "followed" us over to Kenai/Soldotna area and even helped us build our home! They have since had two children, Micali and Elijah. Ryan and Carly Geagel landed in the Wasilla area and also have had two children, Trenton and Ethan. Once or twice a year, the Geagels pass through our area on their way to or from Seldovia, where Ryan grew up.

I had been thinking it would be fun to plan a yearly Tyonek Reunion in August that lasted for a weeked and involved a lot of outdoor activities. When I learned that the Geagels would be here for two nights at the end of May, I figured we better go with it, because who knew if they would be able to get back down here in August?

We really had a great time, and I hope the Geagels and Pelesses did too! We didn't get to do as much outside as I had hoped, but did have some sun (thank you Lord). And we had two nights of Catan, which is always enjoyable. I'm already looking forward to the next Tyonek Reunion!

I wish I had taken more pictures, but I am never on top of my game when it comes to that!

2 comments:

Jesse Echave and Katy Howard said...

ahhhh...i see the grill master is back at it...tell matt he has some "backing up" competition...jesse backed up the boat pretty well for a newby!

Peless Family said...

Yes we did enjoy it immensely!! Not just because I was able to go home the "Lord of Catan" but because we were able to spend some quality time with good friends. Thanks Amber for planning it. Can't reunion #2!!!