Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Just need to vent a little...

about germiphobe moms! It bothers me so much that there are people out there who will not allow their kids around other kids for fear of them getting sick or whatever. There's this person I have tried to meet, but she has not accepted my invitations, although our husbands work together almost everyday of the week and are friends. We (myself, my husband, husband's coworker/friend) were just having this conversation at lunch about his kids and wife and he was stating that they really only need one vehicle because she never goes out. I said "She needs to get out! I bet (Kid's Name) would really like Tot Time." He said "I bet he would, but (Wife's Name) is kind of a germiphobe and she had a hard time with our kids around my brother's 5 kids, so I'm sure having them around a thousand unknown kids would really freak her out." I said what will she do when it's time for school, but then answered my own question in unision with him "homeschool." Wow. No wonder she will not accept my invitations to join us for lunch (even with husband there!) This whole situation does not seem healthy to me. Good grief, people, let your kids live!

1 comment:

Ryan & Carly said...

Haa! That made me laugh! It's so fun to read blogs! My deepest sympathies about your mug. :) There is nothing like a good mug!