Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 10 - 1/3 of challenge down!

Today the sun was shining and it was glorious. It gave me energy to clean the bonus room that still had confetti on the floor from New Years and puzzles and games dumped everywhere from when Ollie sneaked up on Day 2 of trying to nap without a pacifier and wreaked that havoc.

But this evening I found myself being more tempted than usual to just have a little taste of the snack mix I had made for the kids - it just looks oh, so delicious! (Almond slices, coconut chips, and rice chex held together with a heated honey and butter mixture). I was able to be strong, but I was feeling deprived. I am usually pretty thankful when bedtime rolls around and I know I've made it through another day.

Lunch was good. It consisted of leftover salmon on a bed of spinach with avocado and cilantro, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt.


The meat loaf dinner was delicious. Really, really yummy! I did not snap a photo. The kids all scarfed it! I can't believe how fast our family can go through 3 lbs of meat!

Here are the general ingredients I used last night. (I never make it the same twice.)
  • 2 lbs ground moose
  • 1 lb country sausage
  • almond flour
  • 2-3 tbsp tomato paste
  • sea salt
  • pepper
  • garlic powder
  • italian seasoning
  • marjoram
  • carrots, mushrooms, onions - finely chopped in a food processor
Normally I would include an egg, but I had used the last of them that morning without thinking about dinner. It wasn't missed. I pressed the mixture into a 13x9 pan and it cooked in half the time. For the kids, I mixed ketchup and honey to dip or spread on top.

And there you have it. I will have to put my thinking cap on today to come up with next weeks' meal plan!

No comments: