Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Days 13 & 14

For some reason I have not been motivated to update yesterday or today. Tomorrow is my halfway mark and I feel as if I have lost some of my unction. :( All day today I felt the need to snack, which was frustrating and annoying, especially since my snacks are so limited. Then tonight my dinner wasn't very satisfying. I was very hungry shortly after. I don't want to be so negative on here, so maybe that is why I have been avoiding it.

I will say the eggplant recipe was good! I wouldn't rank it among my favorite meals, but I did go back for seconds. Unfortunately, the rest of the fam didn't care for it much and so after they all ate a little, I allowed them to eat pb&h sandwiches AND cereal! Totally opposite of what I am trying to accomplish here! Oh well, you can't win them all. Overall, the kids have played along quite well and been little troopers about the whole thing.

I'll be eating leftovers for awhile!

I did make one delicious discovery yesterday when I was actually craving chocolate, of all things! (My cravings for sweet have almost vanished, so I was surprised it had surfaced.) I decided to mix cocoa powder and nothing else into the cream from the top of a refrigerated can of coconut milk. Oh my goodness! It didn't even need to be sweetened, just creamy, chocolaty goodness. The texture was sort of between a mousse and a pudding. YUM!

I'm really hoping my mood and attitude improves and goes back to the way I was feeling last week. Maybe it's because we have had multiple nightime visits from numerous kids the last few nights. It's starting to take it's toll and I'm feeling worn down.

No comments: