Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 12 - Meal Planning Day

Tonight we are having the beef stew I had planned on having last night. Last night I made the chicken soup I intended for tonight. I think I'm allowed to do that, right? ;)

Here is this week's meal plan!

Monday: Eggplant/Ground Beef Marinara recipe (this popped up on Maria Mind Body Health's facebook page and then I just happened to notice eggplant on sale, so I thought, how fortuitous, we will all try something new this week! Eggplant!)
Tuesday: Orange Ginger Stir Fry Chicken
Wednesday: Slow Cooked Pork Roast (I have another recipe I usually use, but wanted to try something new!)
Thursday: Turkey? (I really want to make a turkey so I can get some snacking meat in my fridge, but if I just can't accomplish it, we will probably have salmon.)
Friday: Salsa Chicken (another slow cooker recipe - chicken covered in salsa)
Saturday: salad or leftovers (kids will be out of town with grandparents)

Not sure about Sunday yet!

I would like to note how fantastic I feel, physically, how positive my mood has been, and how much easier this challenge has been so far than I expected! I have never done anything this extreme (meaning, 30 days with not even a little niblet or taste of dark chocolate). I didn't have much faith in myself, really. But the reason I keep denying myself whenever I am tempted is because of you, whoever you are, reading this blog. I've gone public with my goal and because of that, I intend to see it through. Thanks for hanging in with me!

No comments: